Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nothing too exciting....well except the uphill 5k!

Well since the last post....there is nothing too exciting to report....no significant improvements but I will talk about a few little things. 

First --- let's talk about the 5k I did this weekend....for a girl out of my out of shapeness (made up phrase) I should have probably never have done this.....but I did and I finished....dead last....but the coolest thing, even through I was somewhat embarrassed.....there we people there cheering me on at the end and that was really cool.  So from now on after I cross the finish line, grab my water, I am going to head back to the finish line to cheer folks on.  For now, I won't have to wait for to many people...hehe!! For those of you that know the Sidney Moose, you can understand this....running zig zag through the Moose is quite a challenge...it is a great place to sled..but a tough place to run.  However, I did realize that walking the hills are some great conditioning....may have to run go run Children's Home one day.

Also, this week I got my bike fixed so I can change up the workout and enjoy the outdoors. I went riding with my friend Erin last night...it was nice and relaxing but could tell this morning it did give a little workout to the muscles...ones i don't use in walking/running. I have had the same bike since I was 14...got it for summer gym in the eight grade...When I went to get it fixed...the owner of the bike shop remembered me...I have taken in there a couple of times...but its cool to see small town business. I do like the biking but it make the running a little hard on the left knee tonight...hopefully just growing pains.

One thing that has been a bummer is I keep losing my underarmor headbands...a few i have found in passing but most are gone gone....boy does that stink.  I do <3 all of my underarmor gear...I am miserable if I run in a regular t-shirt now that I spoiled myself. 

I got my bib number today for the AF 10k...next year I plan on saying the AF Half Marathon...I am number 11626.  I am very excited to participate in such a big thing.  I did not realize how big it was...next year if I do the half I am probably going to raise money for an organization for injured vets. It will give me even more reason to do what I am doing. 

I also realized tonight as I was logging my walk/runs I am 103 miles totals and most days I don't count my warm up or cool down.

As far as the weight challenge...I am losing barely anyway weight....a real big WTF.....but I have taken off inches. I tried on a dress last night I wore to a ball at the beginning of March and it is totally too big....can't wait to see more results and hopefully I will see them on the scale one day but I am trying not get to frustrated in the mean time. 

Well till next time...I am off to bed soon...I am one tired girl after 6.5 miles today!





No comments: