Monday, August 8, 2011

You know you have become a runner when...

Today is the day that I knew I had become a runner.... when on my way to work I stopped off at Meijer to get icy hot and flexall.  Yep...to make it through the day I needed this...I pushed it to six and half miles on Saturday and well Sunday and Monday I felt the pain.   realized at about noon...hey this icy hot is really working...so I put some more on because I realized there was hope I could run tonight since I missed last night.  So today the most valuable running item is the icy hot!! Who in their right mind runs only after applying icy hot three times a day to their calves.... this girl.

Ok let's talk about the running a little bit....I can't run for the whole time I am out....but lets talk about progress...I started this adventure on July 16, 2011...23 days ago I could barely walk 2 miles and not be exhausted. I mearly was training to be able to walk the Air Force 10k on September 17th. As far as running I could make it from my driveway to my neighbors....so tonight when I was running more than I was walking for the first two miles I was stoked....I finished 3.14 miles in 48 minutes...a pace of 15:20 miles....this is with a blister below my left ankle and need I remind of the pain in the calves.

My body is still adjusting....I am sure it is wondering when I am going to give on this...it is not use to an intense workout regiment longer than two weeks. So I am having some trouble sleeping and of course the sore muscles and blisters if anyone knows any tricks let me know!!

Ok....here are one other sign..yep I am a runner...

First, let's talk about the blister....I was on a short trip to Dallas last week for business and well...I remembered my shoes but forgot my socks...thinking well I am only going to go for two miles on the treadmill...I will be alright....well so goes the story of the blister.

More to come as this journey continues!!

No comments: